17 South Burns, Chester le Street, County Durham DH3 3EZ


Dentistry is one of the few NHS services where you have to pay a contribution towards the cost of your care.

Emergency dental treatment –

This covers emergency care in a primary care NHS dental practice such as pain relief or a temporary filling.

Band 1 course of treatment –

This covers an examination, diagnosis (including x-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, a scale if clinically needed, and preventative care such as the application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant if appropriate.

Band 2 course of treatment –

This covers everything listed in Band 1, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or removal of teeth but not more complex items covered by Band 3.

Band 3 course of treatment –

This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 , plus crowns, dentures, bridges and other laboratory work.

Understanding Treatment Charges

We offer both NHS and Private Dental treatments. We will provide you with a full treatment plan explaining the costs involved at your examination.

Any changes will be informed throughout your treatment plan

Be aware that being repeatedly late for your treatment sessions or failure to attend appointments may result in the early termination of the course of treatment; and being removed from our register.


You don't have to pay for NHS Dental treatment if you're:
under 18, or under 19 and in full-time education
pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months
receiving low income benefits, or you're under 20 and a dependant of someone receiving low income benefits

Low income benefits

You're entitled to free NHS dental treatment if you or your spouse (including civil partner) receive:
Income Support
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
Universal Credit (in certain circumstances)

Find Out More  

Certificates to help with health costs

You can receive free NHS dental treatment if you're entitled to or named on:
a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
a valid HC2 certificate – which is available for people on low income
People named on an NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3) may also get help.
You'll be asked to show your dentist written proof that you don't have to pay for all or part of your NHS treatment. You'll also be asked to sign a form to confirm that you don't have to pay.


Book a virtual consultation in 3 simple steps

  1. Send us your smile selfies
  2. Tell us what you're hoping to achieve
  3. Discuss your smile plan with us today
Get Started!

Contact Information


17 South Burns, Chester le Street, County Durham DH3 3EZ

Call us today: 0191 388 2939
| Email: enquires@allsmilesdentalne.co.uk

Opening Hours
Monday 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
Tuesday 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Thursday 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
(Appointments maybe scheduled outside of these hours with prior arrangement)

Contact Us

Fields with (*) are required.
Please contact us via this website or email without disclosing confidential information.